Tuesday, January 6, 2009

decorating disaster!

i am so tired this morning....layla woke up at 5:30am. it seems as though every time i leave before she goes to bed for the night, she wakes up early. coincidence or is she really trying to punish me? we had a staff meeting last night and then we went over to see the new space. priming is almost done! anyway, looks like i'll be taking a nap today...not sure any amount of caffeine is going to help!

so, i made a very bad decorating decision that i am so regretting. i got 2 new sofas for our living room. before i bought the sofas i purchased an area rug. i was looking for so long and when i found something that seemed like it would work, i bought it...stupid, stupid, stupid...it's not big enough. the new sofas are longer then my old one and they don't completely sit on the rug...it really doesn't look good at all. i mentioned it to perry and he laughed, seriously thinking i was making a joke becuz it took me so long to convince him to spend the money on it in the first place. he will NEVER go for purchasing another one. i am so mad at myself!! gotta figure out how to remedy this one!

stay warm!
j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will learn from your mistake! LOL! We are in a new house as well and the furniture that we have in our living room will eventually be going downstairs. (As soon as it's developed! Sigh.) Anyways, I really really want a new rug for our living room and have been looking around. I was thinking I'd purchase a neutral color and it would be fine for whatever furniture we pick out in the future. Guess I won't be doing that now! I had never thought about the size! Duh! So sorry that that happened to you! I'd be annoyed too!!