Thursday, January 22, 2009

6 months already

both kids slept in this morning- what a treat! of course i have this internal clock that wakes me when layla is scheduled to feed, but at least i could lay in bed! what an awful day outside. the weather this past week was such a tease. guess we should be thankful we actually got a week with temperatures above zero. makes me wish we were going on a warm vacation this year.

got home really late last night. stopped by the new space and becca and steven were there doing some work. it's looking great! my intent was to go the store and get some paperwork done, but i only ended up there for about an hour. spent most of my time with becca trying to visualize where everything is going...much more fun than paperwork!

took layla to her 6 month check-up today...16 pounds, 27 1/2". i'll have to check my records to see how that compares to ryan's stats. she's sitting on her own now and is in the process of getting 2 new teeth! it's crazy how much growth happens in the first year...even crazier to think that before i know it, she'll be a year old! she is spending her first morning at daycare next week. makes me feel sick to my stomache, but i know she'll be ok. i'm planning to take her once a week for the first while and i'll work evenings and weekends to make up the rest of my time. i think it'll work out fine.

j

No comments: